Christopher D. Barth currently serves as Librarian and Associate Dean at the United States Military Academy at West Point where he is responsible for coordinating library operations and strategic vision for academic information support.
Chris has also worked for Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, and the Anchorage Daily News in Anchorage, Alaska. He holds graduate degrees in Library in Information Science and History from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and a bachelor degree from Kenyon College with High Honors in History.
Selected publications include:
- Convergence of Libraries and Technology Organizations: New information support models. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Chandos Publishing, 2011.
- Cooperative Work Redesign in Library Technical Services at Denison University and Kenyon College In Library Workflow Redesign: Six Case Studies (with Debra K. Andreadis, Lynn Scott Cochrane, and Karen E. Greever), edited by Marilyn Mitchell, Council on Library and Information Resources, 2007.
- A Constituency-based Support Model for Delivering Information Services. In College & Research Libraries Vol. 63, No. 1, January 2002. Authored with Janet Cottrell.
- Kenyon Reborn: The Modernization of Kenyon College Under the Administration of William Foster Peirce, 1896-1937. (2nd edition) Gambier, Ohio: Kenyon College, 2000.
Selected conference presentations include:
- Strategic Planning and Visioning; Ethical Leadership; Team Building (Faculty Member) Archives Leadership Institute 2012-2018, Decorah Iowa (2013-2015), Berea, Kentucky (2016-2018).
- Bring the Revolution Home: Recruiting and Retaining the Next-Gen Librarian (Workshop with Janet Cottrell) Association of College and Research Libraries Conference 2011, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, March 2011.
- Rising Tide of Opportunity: Designing Effective Communication Strategies for Information Organizations (Panel with Andrea Beckendorf and Diane Gossman) Association of College and Research Libraries Conference 2009, Seattle, Washington, March 2009.
- Information Services Professional Staff Perspectives (Panel with Neal Baker, Carol Smith & Penny Cowan) The Conference at Kenyon 2006: Integrating Library and Computing Services (conferece.kenyon.edu/2006), March 2006.
- Work Redesign in Technical Services (Poster Session with Scottie Cochrane & Debra Andreadis) Association of College and Research Libraries Conference 2005, Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 2005.
- Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Faculty Support in Merged Library/Information Technology Organizations (with Gloria Barker and Vicki Sells) Kenyon Conference of Merged Library/Information Technology Organizations (sponsored by the National Institute for Teaching and Learning in Education and the Council for Library and Information Resources), Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio, March 2005.
- Innovative Uses of Technology Fostering Student Research (with Will Scott) Humanities by Other Means: Teaching, Learning and Multiple Media (sponsored by the Midwest Instructional Technology Center), Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio, June 2004.